This is an interesting follow up to the Belazs article. The concept of Cymatics is precisely what I was battling... Balazs stated that sounds throw no shadow. Sounds cannot produce shapes in space. My opposition of several Balazs' theories were supported by Even Grants' demonstration of Cymantics...the visualization of sound. The use of a cymascope demonstrated the visual patterns of sound waves, backing up my theory. I even saw some shadow. As for Synethesia, I find it fascinating and confusing. It did bring about curiousity as to why we associate blue with cold, or red with hot? Blue is actually the hottest part of a flame, but fire is also considered orange, not red. Why? Who decides these things, how are they so inherent to us? Perpaps I'm a bit off course with that but feel it worth a mention. And the food association requires more time to digest. Would PTSD be considered synethetic? Would sudden sounds trigger associations with other senses fall into that catego...
INT. SUNROOM - DUSK Sitting in the sunroom at dusk, my eyes gravitated toward the blinds where the remainder of the day's light began to set. The 45 degree angled opening of the blinds cast slivers of slowly diminishing light on the floor. The windows were frosted by the frigid weather outside, diffusing the view to my neighbor's house. The brick siding of their home became more visually textured as the light continued to fade. Headlights from passing cars created quick bursts of light through the three windows of the front door, and cast rectangular light in motion, then slowly faded to black. Seated in the same position the duration of the sun setting, to dusk, to dark, the brightness faded into black where I could no longer see my pen.
Beautiful and present. Nice work.
ReplyDeletethank you! I took it myself!
ReplyDelete